The fall baking bug has bitten me and since I made Chocolate Chip Muffins last night, I don't want to bake any more for Bill & I or we'll be 500 lbs by Christmas.
So, what's my solution? Bake for the dog!
I've made some pumpkin treats for her before, but they actually molded quite quickly, and I had to toss them. I made a large batch and gave them as gifts, so I had to ask my recipients to open them and check them for mold before feeding them to their pooches! Mortifying.
I've made a Beef & Cheddar Biscuit recipe a few times and it is a definite keeper. The process is simple and I finally found a few cute dog bone shaped cookie cutters at Sur Le Table, similar to the ones below:
Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits (Source)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup natural peanut butter *
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Combine the peanut butter and milk in another bowl, then add to the dry ingredients. Mix well, then knead into a firm dough with your hands.
- Roll out to 1/4″ thick and use a dog bone cookie cutter to cut into cute shapes (or just use a knife to cut into small squares).
- Place on a cookie sheet about 1/2″ apart (close is OK – they won’t rise)
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until thoroughly dried.
Clearly, I'm the meanest Mommy ever.
How do you spoil your pets?