It's so simple and I made it entirely with ingredients we had already. Hooray!
We have a slow cooker which gets hot enough to brown meat (Oster "Super Pot" circa 1970-something) so I can do all the browning/sautéing in the pot. If your slow cooker doesn't get that warm you'll need to start with a skillet then transfer the ingredients over.
Easy, fast prep & delicious. What more could you want in a recipe?
Slow Cooked Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small white onion, minced
- 4 uncooked chicken thighs (we use bone in but any 4 servings of chicken will do - breast or thigh)
- 6 red potatoes, halved and quartered
- 8 oz frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can cream of chicken soup + 1 can water
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
Start with olive oil, garlic & onions - cook until onions are clear, about 5 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients to pot except frozen veggies- chicken, potatoes, soups/water and seasonings & cook on low for 5 hours.
Add frozen veggies & cook for one additional hour, until chicken falls apart/shreds easily.
Serve over warm biscuits (I used Market Day). Enjoy!